What is NeoGraft®?
Cape & Islands Plastic Surgery is excited to announce our newest offering, the NeoGraft® system, a state-of-the-art solution for hair-loss!
The NeoGraft® system uses a special technology that is able to quickly remove hair follicles from the donor area and implant them to balding areas. Unlike traditional hair transplant procedures that leave unsightly surgical scares, with new NeoGraft® technology the patient is left with no linear scar. This FDA approved NeoGraft® system is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation on the market.
Top Reasons Why NeoGraft® is the Solution:
- Patients who receive NeoGraft® feel little to no discomfort
- Patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Less restriction on your normal day to day activities
- No unsightly linear scar
- Natural looking results
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long
Who is a NeoGraft® Candidate?
- Men and women who suffer from hair loss and are looking for a minimally invasive solution that offers natural looking results
- Patients who want the least amount of activity restriction after their procedure
- Patients who want to hide prior linear harvests or scars
Are you one of the 50 million men and approximately 30 million women who suffer from male/female pattern baldness or thinning hair? Contact us today for a one on one consultation to see if NeoGraft® is the hair loss solution for you!
Top 10 Questions Patients Ask About NeoGraft®
- NeoGraft is a new technology that restores hair volume without any scalpel, incisions or stitches.
- NeoGraft requires no stitches or large linear scar like that of the traditional strip method.
- It’s an awake procedure which means you do not need to go under general anesthesia. You will only take oral medications. There is not even an IV.
- NeoGraft recovery is so quick that you can go back to work the very next day
- NeoGraft is priced by the number of follicles removed. What makes Neograft different from other technologies is that you get substantially more for your money. This is done by pricing per graft that is removed versus how many hairs are implanted.
- Let me explain this a little more, when an existing hair follicle is removed it can have up to 4 hairs in it. You are only charged for 1 follicle, not 4 hairs.
- Most companies base their price on how many hairs can be implanted. That means you would be charged for 4 hairs instead of the 1 follicle. So you can be charged up to 400% more from other companies.
- To get accurate pricing you need to come in for a consultation to determine how many grafts are necessary to achieve your desired hair restoration.
- The old traditional strip method actually cuts out a rectangular shape of the scalp which is used to harvest follicles.
- For this, you need to be under anesthesia.
- It also leaves a large long scar and requires stitches.
- Neograft is able to be performed awake and delivers natural results with no long straight scar on the back of the head.
- The strip method scar does not go away and is difficult to conceal.
- The success rate with Neograft is much higher than with the “strip method” as there is less hair irritation and trauma to the scalp and the existing healthy hair, resulting in a much higher hair graft take rate.
- The quick recovery and little downtime is also a considerable benefit.
Neograft is ideal for all hair types and colors, where the Artas is only an option for a very limited amount of patients. Robotic technology does not work for patients with curly, blond, gray, or on certain ethnicities.
- You can be back to work the next day if you choose.
- You will wear a bandage similar to an ace-wrap for up to 48 hours and have a small amount of swelling during that time.
- There will be some pinpoint redness and at the most some pinpoint scabbing for the first week.
- Please take a look at our website for photos of patients within the first week of the procedure.
- It is incredible how quickly your scalp heals!
- You are able to wear a hat during this time period as long as it sits two inches from the treated area. For example, a baseball cap works great!
- A private exam with our physician and Neograft specialist to discuss how we can best achieve the outcome you are looking for.
- We will take a look at before and after photographs of patients with similar hairlines. This will help you visualize your possible results.
- Finally, an in-depth conversation about how the procedure is done and what the exact price will be to achieve the results you are looking for?
- We also have financing options available at your consultation for your convenience.
- The procedures vary from 4-8 hours depending on how many grafts you need to achieve your desired result.
- You are awake and able to watch movies, listen to your iPod or read.
- You will be able to have snacks and take brief breaks as well.
- You will be relaxed with medication and comfortable throughout the treatment
- Results are immediate! You will leave being able to see the grafts in place.
- However hair grows in cycles, so the hair that is implanted will shed 2-4 weeks and then will be replaced by a new fully functioning hair.
- Results will get better and better as time goes on.
- Full results anywhere from 9-12 months post procedure!
- Our Physician and our Neograft Technicians.
- We believe a team approach is what delivers exceptional results to our patients.
- This team approach also speeds up the treatment to complete your transplantation quicker.
- It is our goal that this is a one-time procedure with long-lasting results.
- Absolutely yes!
- This is determined somewhat by the number of grafts we do during the procedure.
- The higher number of follicles we implant the less likely you are to have to do a “touch up” in the future.
- Over time all hair does thin but we do our best to make sure you are aging gracefully and naturally!
- If thinning or more receding occurs we offer small touch up treatments if needed.
- Those treatments are much less expensive and require fewer grafts to maintain a healthy head of hair.